What Is An
What is An End-Of-Life Companion?
END-OF-LIFE COMPANIONS offer supportive care & services to clients and their loved ones living with terminal illness and in their end of life journey.
We work alone or in teams, being available as invited throughout your journey. Our aim is to enhance life moments through compassionate presence and a range of services.
The presence of an end-of-life companion offers families and loved ones the opportunity to focus on what is most important to them.
AS YOUR Companions, we will:
- respect your wishes & beliefs
- maintain confidentiality at all times
- help you express your end of life wishes and goals
- facilitate compassionate conversations on difficult end-of-life topics.
- hold space for spiritual and emotional healing
- demystify the stages of the dying process
- refer to community resources when needs are outside our scope
The range of End of Life Doula services requested from family to family are unique but can include:
- End of Life Coaching Plans
- Comfort Measures for the dying
- Vigiling and Vigil Planning
- Facilitating family circles
- Legacy Project Support
- Respite for caregivers at any stage
- Advanced Care Planning
- End of Life Education Workshops
- Life Cycle Celebrant Ceremonies
- Healing Rituals/Ceremonies
- Art Therapy (Soul Collage)
- Relaxation Massage, Healing Touch
- Community Referrals
“When we finally know we are dying, and all other sentient beings are dying with us, we start to have a burning, almost heartbreaking sense of the fragility and preciousness of each moment and each being, and from this can grow a deep, clear, limitless compassion for all beings.”